I have been publishing items since 2002 starting with technical papers on image processing. I have since written articles for local and national magazines, history guides for local town councils, training materials for businesses, and much more. Many of these, the history and Heartstart materials have also resulted in radio interviews with BBC Radio Berkshire, The Breeze, KickFM and Kennet Radio. Below is a list of many of my publications.
- N. Young, 'Newbury 365', LuLu, October 2015
- N. Young, 'Newbury Then and Now', Stroud: The History Press, August 2013.
- N. Young, 'Thatcham Then and Now', Stroud: The History Press, July 2012.
- P. Allen, S. Broughton, T. Higgott and N. Young, 'Thatcham: an historic town in a changing world', Thatcham: Thatcham Historical Society, October 2009.
- N. Young and A. N. Evans, 'Spatio-temporal attribute morphology filters for noise reduction in image sequences', in Proceedings International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), September 2003.
- N. Young and A. N. Evans, 'Digital video pre-processing with multi-dimensional attribute morphology', in Proceedings IEE Visual Information Engineering Conference (VIE), Guildford, Surrey, UK, July 2003, pp.89 - 92.
- N. Young and A. N. Evans, 'Image Noise Reduction using Attribute Morphology Filters', Proceedings IEEE EURASIP Workshop on Nonlinear Signal and Image Processing , Grado, Italy, June 2003.
- N. Young and A. N. Evans, 'Psycho-visually tuned area-morphology tools for improved image compression', in Proc. International Symposium on Mathematical Morphology (ISMM), Manly, Sydney, Australia, pp. 185-195, April 2002.
- N. Young and A. N. Evans, 'A median centred difference gradient operator and its application in watershed segmentation', in Electronics Letters, 47 (3), February 2011, pp.178 - 180.
- N. Young and A. N. Evans, 'Psychovisually tuned attribute operators for pre-processing digital video', in Journal of Vision, Image &Signal Processing (VISP), 150(5), October 2003, pp. 277 - 286.
- N. Young, 'An introduction to Content Management Systems', Micro Mart, 2010 (to be published)
- N. Young, 'Network Protocols: An Introduction', Micro Mart, Issue 1085, December 2009
- N. Young, 'Introduction to Digital Compression', Micro Mart, Issue 1083, November 2009
- N. Young, 'The Mega-ITX project', CustomPC, December 2005
Nick also has written numerous articles on computing, local (Thatcham and Newbury) history and first aid for local magazines including Thatcham Town Guide, Thatcham Connections, Buzz Magazine and Out & About (more details here). Nick was also editor for the "Journal of Thatcham Historical Society."